Sunday, October 24, 2010

Matthew 7`

Well don't know what to really write about this weekends message on Matthew 7.  Why you say?  Because it kind of left me confused in a way.   Don't misunderstand me, I understood exactly what Pastor John was saying but then I ask myself, I am in a role in the HOA where I judge people almost daily.  Why aren't they following the rules, why aren't they paying their dues, why don't they keep up their yards, etc., and it put me in a place that I am just not sure of. 

If you are a parent, you judge your children in ways, if you are a grandparent or care giver, you judge your grandchildren or the children you care for, some call it discipline, whatever, you are judging that child because they are not doing what YOU YOURSELF feel is appropriate. 

"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you.  This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and prophets."

Well this is something that I have been taught all my life and try to live by on a daily basis.  However, I'm human, and tend to ask myself, "Why am I being treated this way?", when I didn't treat anyone that way.  Is this wrong or do we all tend to do that?  Instead of being hurt by being treated that way, I walk away and find other interests to keep my mind off of the hurt that it caused me, which also helps me in not being so judgmental.  However when we are being hurt and we look at how we are being hurt and how wrong we think it is, is that truly judging others?

I think I need more studying on this and can't wait to move on reading about what Jesus is really saying to me.  For one thing, I don't want to be judgmental of others and then go to heaven and be judged by being compared to Jesus for I would truly not come one decimal close to him.  For I know I am a sinner and sin every day of my life, however, I pray that God knows my heart and knows that I truly want to be a child of God that he can be proud of.

All this has been on my mind since leaving Saturday night.  I wanted to speak with Pastor John but he had several people around him and I had a friend with me, so we didn't stay afterwards.  I will have to pray very hard on this for Jesus to show me exactly what message I needed to receive this week.   I guess this shows me why I really wanted to get involved in a bible study group.  I still need to seek one out and get involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment